12.30.2010

52 Week Project

Well, it's up.
It's alive
It's kicking!




This is something that is very near and dear to me and although I don't know exactly where this project is going to lead, I just feel good about it! 

I am so thankful to my friend B for helping me with the site and offering his expertise in both photography and web design.  He will be offering some great posts along the way too.  In fact, the site won't just be my crazed ramblings all the time (I know you are relieved), but I'm hoping there will be many different voices and guests along the way. 

In fact, if you have something you would like to offer, please PLEASE let me know! I am looking for a variety of posts from photography, to styling, all things vintage, how to live a happier life, time management, blogging or online business tips and anything visual or creatively stimulating!  Mainly, I want this project and site to be a comfortable, non intimidating place for anyone!

I know I have mentioned it before on here (probably more than once) but I just must say it again....this last year of self-portraits has helped me grow. Not only in my photography and getting to know my camera, but just as a person in general.  I feel so much more in tune with me and feel more confident in who I am and my place in the world.  



So I realize it may not affect others in that way.  I mean, I'm not crazy enough to think taking a picture of myself every Sunday could have that big of an impact, but it has been fun and I've enjoyed the process and I am looking forward to others joining in with me!

I also want to mention that although I did overcome sort of overcome my fear of photos of myself, that may not be your thing right now. That's okay too! If you want to use this project as a way to document your child, your home, your pet, or just random photos each week, that is great! We won't be selfie-snobs up in here! ;)

There is also a Facebook page, so be sure to "like" it.

AND, join the Flickr group so you can upload your pictures each week.

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Can't wait to see next years project 52! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Charlie said...

I really, really want to do this, but I am totally scared to do this...

a. because my camera makes me nuts as it is

and b. because I struggle with having my picture taken...

and yes I know that is the point. I'm just a chicken. ;)
Maybe if I make my youngest daughter be in the picture with me...

Jess said...

I have some serious camera issues, along the same lines as Charlie..I am hoping this helps me grow/change.

Deana said...

Looking forward to another year of great photos!

Happy 2011, Kim! Hope it's a great year for you!

Hugs...

Marit said...

Dropping in to wish you a very happy and creative New Year!!!