I don't really have a one word or anything for 2011.
Well, okay, I just thought of one: BETTER
Yes, that will be my word for 2011.
If I had to go back and think of my word in hindsight for 2010, it would be TRANSITION.
It was definitely a transitional year for me:
- it was my year of being 40.
- It was my year for many disappointments in several aspects of my life from family to friends to work.
- It was also my year to grow in Faith.
- It was a year for me to get to know me and like me for ME.
- It was a year to complete a project.
- It was a year that we became an empty nest.
- It was a year that I grew in confidence.
- It was a year that I started running.
- Mostly, I think it was a year that I quit totally focusing on everyone else and began putting myself first at times and realized that it not such a bad thing!
- Better in balancing my life.
- Better in my Christian life.
- Better at photography.
- Better at friendship.
- Better at being a wife, daughter, stepmom, sister, cousin, niece, DIL, and any other family place that I hold.
- Better at not procrastinating.
- Better at time management (oh wait that is basically the same thing, right?)
- Better at keeping things orderly, neat and clean.
- Better at saving.
I also want to point out that my devotional last night focused on Psalm 51:10: Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Basically, the writer pointed out that we can make resolutions to change at any time of the year. We don't have to wait - nor does God want us to wait - until one day of the 365 we recognize in a year to wipe the slate clean and begin a fresh start.
So with that being said, I may fail at some of my goals and resolutions throughout the year, but I resolve to pick myself up, dust myself off, and jump back i the proverbial saddle and have a "do over", so Happy New Year to you and a Better New Year to me! ;)