5.08.2011

5211-19 Happy Mother's Day!!

You knew I would do my self portrait this week with my mom of course!
I decided to do something a little different and non-traditional this time.
 I am truly blessed with a wonderful mother! Her unconditional love for me is amazing!

Happy Mother's Day to you one and all. Since I am not a "real" biological mother but have had quite a hand in raising stepchildren, I leave you with this wonderful poem I found. I truly feel these words!
Not flesh of my flesh,
nor bone of my bone,
but still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
you didn't grown under my heart - but in it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that quote!!! LOVE IT! Am sending it to my stepkids whom I love with all my heart! :-)

Deana said...

Wow, you and your mom look a lot alike! Both beautiful! Loving that poem. Hope you had a wonderful day! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photo and loveeeee that poem! Happy Mothers Day! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Happy mother's day my lovely friend!

Jess said...

that is such a fantastic pic!

Anonymous said...

Girl--I stole your poem and put it on my blog! I still love it! Hey, I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry I dropped the ball on the 52 week project. There's a reason, and I imagine you guessed it already....

Marit said...

what a wonderful poem!!! And I love the photo of you and your mom! Very special!!! I can see you are related... same 'sparkling eyes'!!!

Bekka said...

Happy Mother's Day! Beautiful pic!