6.26.2009

july journey in progress

I finally have gotten the chance to work on my July Journey mini book that I've been talking about doing since completing my Daily December book back in, well, December, of course.

When I got my July Crazy Daisy Kit I knew the fun hints of red, white, and blue and vintage feel to the elements were perfect for this project. Although this mini will not be exclusive to the July kit, I have quite a bit going into it including the Maya Road mini star chipboard book. I decided to take it apart and incorporate it throughout my mini.

I love the substantial weight to the Crate Paper and Cosmo Cricket paper. It is perfect for pages in this album. There is also some kraft cardstock and we all know that is my favorite! I know those Prima and Jenni Bowlin rub-ons are going to make many appearances throughout this book too, along with the Maya Road sheer ticket journaling spots.

There is really no limit to what you can use! Some of my collected junk mail and envelopes will probably make an appearance in this mini too.

I also saved my beach coasters from June's kit to use in this mini so I can document my upcoming beach vacation mid-July. I will be away from home quit a bit in July but I plan to pack a small scrapbook kit to take with me so I can at least add some stuff to my book here and there and not lose sight of any moments I don't want to forget. However, if you notice I'm not posting much during that time, it's cause I've got my toes in the sand!!! :)

I have chosen a 6x6 format for my book this time around and will use book binder rings again for ease of adding and moving stuff around while I put this together.
I invite and encourage anyone else to take this Daily July Journey 09 with me. I know a couple of friends who plan to play along and I may start a Flickr group so we can share photos of the projects. Give me some feedback if you think that is a good idea.

This really is not that big of an undertaking - and the results are so worth it. I treasure all the details and memories that I documented during December of 2008. Things that I would have probably already forgotten!

Again there are no rules for this, make a book or buy a little notebook, journal, deck of playing cards, or do a full blown scrapbook album. The point is to document each day with something...I prefer photos and journaling memories, you may want to do something different.

Make it your own.

You have plenty of time before July 1st to get started or you may want to wait and put a book together after July, it is totally up to you! I just like having something to start with but it is definitely a work in progress and could change day to day.

Here is a link to Ali Edward's blog and her December Daily book, and I know I have linked this up before but here is the post with my December book. I also adore all Elise Blaha's mini books. She has a great simple approach that I admire. There are tons of inspiring people out there to draw ideas from.

I encourage you to look around and find your own style and inspiration.

4 comments:

ThisKalilLife said...

What a great idea. I love what you've done so far. I think I want to do something like this ... are you doing it for the whole month like with the December daily album?

Deana said...

You know what? I enjoyed doing a Daily December album last December so much, that I may just have to try to do this with you! And your book & looking WAY CUTE so far!

GREAT IDEA! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is just sooooooooooooooooo COOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a GREAT idea! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Sasha said...

I think I need to copy you .. that is right COPY you .. cuz you are smokin with the inspo girl ..

hugs boo