10.17.2008

updates from my world

Whew, what a week it has been!
I cannot believe one week ago I was hanging out with these chicks again - 20 years sure goes by quickly. I am truly blessed to have such a great group of girls that I can call my friends and although it there has been a lot of years since some of us have seen each other, it still felt like real friendships. I love that! (photo credit to Becky Norris)

I keep thinking of the old Girl Scout song:
Make new friends,
But keep the old,
One is silver
And the other is gold.

I'm not sure if old friends are meant to be the silver or the gold, but nonetheless they are each a treasure in my heart. ( If you know the answer to the silver/gold thing, please let me in on that.thanks)

I truly wish I could have spent more time with each of them and their kiddos.
Like these cutie patooties:
Riley and Mary Claire

Mary Claire and her little sister and my new bff, Caroline.
She does her own hair and everything! She's a hoot and I feel instantly in love with her!


I would show you the elusive little brother to Riley, Mr. Hayden, but he wasn't really into me or my camera.
Just like a man!


I also enjoyed seeing some of the mothers of my friends. Each one of them still looks stunning and they are all as sweet as I remember.

I am so appreciative of Jane & Pat for hosting such a great little gathering.
I just wish I could have spent more time.

I left from this event to drive north to Rogers for the Arkansas Association of Two Year College conference. It was a great event in a most gorgeous new John Q. Hammons Convention Center. WOW, that Embassy Suites is the bomb! I was completely exhausted by Tuesday, but it was awesome to be a part of something so great. This was my last year to serve on the board of directors and it has been a wonderful learning and growing experience.

That bring me to today, yet another Friday!

Today I am excited to report my first Etsy sell!
The lady who bought some of my prints is giving them as a wedding gift next weekend.
She is also an Etsy seller and has some beautiful handmade jewelry. I encourage you to check out meero. Her stuff rocks.
I'm thinking I might need this piece or maybe this one.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to have some interest in my stuff.
I could never sell another thing and be satisfied with that one sell.
(not really, but it sounds good right?)

I currently have two of the JOY framed prints for sale for $32 each.
These are in a brown frame and the prints are sepia tone. I also have another one that is a little smaller, simpler and more rustic looking frame that I need to get listed. I will be selling it for $27.00.

I am putting together a frame tonight with the word FAMILY which is going to a conference as a giveaway this weekend. I'll post it once it's together and photographed.
This one is a little different and I'm anxious to see how it will turn out.
I hope it will look okay!

A big THANKS to my friend Deltha(also my co-worker) for having me make two of these for her. BTW, Deltha is another old friend who could be silver... could be gold. Who knows!? Please do let me in on the answer to this burning question if you know!

over and out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on your first sale!!

Lynne said...

Sounds like you had a great time!Everyone in your photo looks fantastic.