1.11.2010

art journal

Although I have art journaled sporadically in a spiral bound book I bought a couple of years ago to keep on the shelf for those "art journaling" times, I have decided I need to do more of it.  
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't enjoy the traditional scrapbooking that I do, but I just feel the need to put more down sometimes. Does that make any sense at all?

Through my friend from Twitter, Susan @ladymisssusan, I found a spot that I hope will fill this void I'm feeling in my art:  A Year in the Life of an Art Journal blog, where my same friend Susan will be guest hosting. Go Susan!!!  There are some other familiar faces and names that will be hosting as well.  Several of the ladies whom I got to know over at SIStv. 

the part I like most is that there are only two prompts a month.  I think that is totally "doable" for me.  Sometimes I try to commit myself to doing too much and then feel like a failure if I don't.  This, I think I can do.  

So if you are at all interested in taking this art journey with us, come join!
They also have a NING community with an active board here.

I decided that I would alter a thrifted book that I had picked up a year or so ago.  Here is what I have so far, but I still plan on some more layers. 


I'm also in the process of gluing pages together for my canvases. (tutorial on that through the blog).

This journal may not be something that I will share freely on here, but I do hope the process of doing it will be evident through other parts of my life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds cool! Yay!!!

ThisKalilLife said...

I love this! I want to make one for myself :)

Jen said...

this is really cool!