1.30.2010

SNOW

Like everyone else I know in the South, I'm posting snow pictures!
If you're on my facebook or flickr, chances are you have already seen these, but I had to blog them too!
ALSO, this is a monumental post...it's my 500th blog post!
WOW, that is unbelievable, no?
Here is the welcome sign into Ash Flat...a place that has had crazy weather events for the past three years...from F5 tornadoes, to floods, major ice storm, and now this blizzard!
Snow in Arkansas Jan 2010
Alot of these were taken from the warmth of the Dodge truck and some even through the windshield driving down the road, so don't judge the photography please!
the sun came out this afternoon and it was super bright and beautiful!
Snow in Arkansas Jan 2010
we drove around some back roads to get a glimpse of the untouched snow.
Snow in Arkansas Jan 2010
Unfortunately James stopped and we slid off into a small ditch -
and got stuck!

The best part of the story is how I was texting Alex about it and she was LOL'ing me! Then, later that evening, you'll never guess who ended up in that same rut!? You guessed it..Alex & Jessy! LOL to them. =)
My friend Jeanie was taking pictures of objects that look like faces...check this out:
Snow in Arkansas Jan 2010
I even found some groups over at Flickr for these types of found items!
(There is a group for everything on Flickr.)

I'm a sucker for animals in the snow.
Brody is always willing to have his photo taken:
Snow in Arkansas Jan 2010
Angus....not so much!
Snow in Arkansas Jan 2010
Snow in Arkansas Jan 2010
Dog was not amused at all I'm thinking:
Snow in Arkansas Jan 2010

The snow came down all day and night yesterday and it blew a lot - in fact it completely covered our back porch (covered porch). This chair was underneath, as was part of the wood.
Snow in Arkansas Jan 2010
Snow in Arkansas Jan 2010




























More to come tomorrow I'm sure - got to do my 5th week of self-portrait!

5 comments:

Lynne said...

you've got made photography skills...mad skills at everything creative really!

ncwdust said...

Great stuff Kim!

Deana said...

Beautiful photos, Kim! I am so glad we don't have snow right now!

Julie's going to ♥ that smiley face photo! :-)

Have a great week!

Big hugs...

sarah said...

GORGEOUS photos, kim! sooooooo inspiring! :)

it sure looks mighty cold over there. make sure to bundle up and stay warm. the pups look like they are having a fab time... well angus, not so much! hehe. :)

thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. it really made my day! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

holy wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! those photos are not only cold but amazing too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)