11.23.2008

Thanksgiving #1

<<<WARNING>>>>
This is a photo heavy post!

Thanksgiving is seriously one of my favorite holidays.
It's like Christmas without the pressure of gift buying.
It's all about family and being thankful for them.
And if you know me you know I'm all about family.
I love spending time with my family.
and the turkey & dressing is pretty cool too!

I am excited because this year's events are spread out.
No pressure again - which is awesome.
I am so over holidays with pressure to be 20 places at once.

Last night we spent time at my Dad's with the DeShazo side of the family.
They are a fun crew.
My stepmom Velisa had a glorious meal complete with all the traditional TG trimmings.
Dad smoked a fab turkey. Seriously, it was great.
I ate a crapload of it too!

My uncle and his friend, Wayne were here from San Diego.
It is always fun to hang out and (attempt) to catch up.
I wish I could see them more often.

All my siblings were there.
We had a blast playing Wii.
I pretty much suck at Guitar Hero.
I can sing like a bird though in Rock Band! tee hee.
I am the next American Idol you know!

I pray that others can enjoy and be thankful for their own families this year.
I have two more TG celebrations to go.
Am I blessed or what?!

Granny and Tommy

Judy
James & Jerry
Dad
Velisa & a pumpkin pie :)
Guitar Hero Diva: Haley!!! She rocks.

Wayne & Tommy - more wii fun.
Kyle & Alex had an intense game of boxing.
I am pretty sure it was a KO by Alex.
Love this one of Granny & Hadley
(he is not a fan of having pictures taken...little turkey!)
Kyle on the baby grand. He is so musically inclined.
I love, love this picture!
so much that I scrapped it tonight:
Last but not least:Matt & Alex.

I could kick myself for not getting a picture of my sister Sarah & her boyfriend Heath.
What was I thinking?

I also didn't get one of Cindy or myself! (per usual)

We also celebrated my birthday...great gifts indeed!

More to come...

5 comments:

sandra said...

your pictures are awesome!

Lynne said...

I agree with Sandra -- your pictures are awesome. I especially like the ones of your brother at the piano. That very first picture with the decor was a great one too. I was just telling one of my sisters last night to check out your blog because your pictures are awesome. Both of my sisters are in to photography too.

Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures and a very inspiring blog

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kim! fabulous photos. I love the page you scrapped of your brother!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post .. so happy..

Happy Thanksgiving Kim..love you.

SAsha